Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures to Rejuvenate Your Smile
Cosmetic dentistry beautifies a person's smile and boosts self-esteem. Your dentists in Sudbury, MA, provide their patients with the procedures they need to look their best and experience a new level of confidence—read below to learn more!
Veneers are wafer-thin pieces of porcelain or plastic, bonded on the surface of unsightly teeth. At our Sudbury office, we use veneers to adjust patients' teeth color or shape.
Some advantages include:
- Concealing a variety of issues, including uneven teeth surfaces, chips, discolorations, and crooked tooth placement
- They need little to no anesthesia during the procedure
- They have a long life expectancy and great color stability
- They are highly resistant to permanent staining from coffee, tea, and smoking
Teeth Whitening is achieved through two methods:
- In-Office Whitening: Your dentist will cover your gums and tooth-root surface with a plastic retractor to keep your lips and cheeks away from the surface of your teeth. The dentist then applies extra strength hydrogen-peroxide and leaves it on your teeth for an hour.
- Take-Home Whitening: This method is sometimes more convenient, but won't necessarily give you the same results. Your doctor will give you custom-made plastic mouth trays (one for the top jaw and the other for the bottom jaw) and gel to apply on your teeth. You will then need to leave the trays in your mouth for about an hour. A single application generally won't produce the optimal results, so you will need to repeat the process until you are satisfied with your smile.
Tooth-colored Fillings also known as composite resin, are used during dental bonding procedures. The composite is made of plastic resin and a filler of finely ground glass-like particles. These fillings are used to fix chips, cracks, dental discoloration, irregularly-shaped teeth, fractures, and decays.
If you have any questions, or concerns, about cosmetic dentistry, then contact our Sudbury, MA, office at (978) 443-5193 today!