Posts for tag: Oral Sedation
Dental fear is not an uncommon problem. Every year, many dentists work with clients who struggle to stay calm in this environment. Thankfully, Sudbury Family Dental Care pain-free dentistry specialists in Sudbury, MA can help. Dr. Maria Elizondo Marinescu, Dr. Sorin Marinescu, and their associates can provide this care for those who need it. Here's what you need to know about this topic and how you can manage it.
The Causes of Dental Anxiety
People with dental fear may not fully understand where their anxiety develops. Sometimes, it's just a fear that comes and goes and affects them without warning. However, in other situations, it's a long-term problem that has a direct root. Just a few conditions that may cause dental anxiety include:
- Bad past experiences with a dentist, including unnecessary painful treatments
- Intense fear of pain that goes beyond the reality of dental treatment
- A phobia of needles or dental equipment based on their look
- Difficulties with the dentist or a dislike of their treatments
- Trouble with loss of control or struggles with personal space
This situation is often exacerbated by the individual struggling against the dentist or even reacting aggressively towards them. Unfortunately, this may result only in worsened dental fear and more difficulties during treatment. As a result, it is critical to consider pain-free dentistry in Sudbury, MA, as a way of managing this concern and avoiding long-term oral health issues.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
Sedation dentistry uses a solid sedative to put an individual to sleep during their dental treatment. This process helps to manage dental anxiety and fear in several ways. First, if individuals are not awake to develop anxiety, they can get through treatment without experiencing troubles. Beyond this benefit, sedation dentistry also helps to:
- Reduce gag reflex during treatment (a problem that may worsen dental anxiety)
- Minimize pain by letting an individual sleep through the surgery
- Provide faster dental care by cutting out any potential problems with the patient
Sedation dentistry takes place in a controlled environment, with an anesthesiologist carefully managing the flow. They will watch each patient, ensure they stay asleep, and keep them from getting too much sedation. After treatment, a brief rest in a recovery area helps to improve recovery time and minimize confusion and agitation.
Do You Need This Care?
As you can see, Sudbury Family Dental Care pain-free dentistry in Sudbury, MA can help you. Dr. Maria Elizondo Marinescu, Dr. Sorin Marinescu, and their associates provide care that may work for your needs. If you're interested in this process, please don't hesitate to contact us at (978) 443-5193 to learn more about the other benefits it may provide you.